Strategy games are considered one of the best ways of examining your coordination between your mind and body. You can assess the gap of time between reaction and analysis and also improve skills to adapt fast and handle challenges calmly. Other than enhancing your reaction and coordination, you can get swift and cognitively smart. The following are five categories of these games:
– Abstract Strategy: Like in chess, the abstract game has no reality as well as not acting as simulation games. Instead, it has its internal norms as well as logic by which you must abide, know, and strategize to win. It improves your overall cognitive processes. You not only try to process the rules but also use it to your advantage.
– Team strategy: The team is to be continuously managed in a rational way to attain success. It will improve your skills in business and help you understand group dynamics.
– Simulation games: They exhibit your real-life situations, and you have to deal with them regularly. You need to make tough decisions as well as suffering the consequences. Hence, it emphasizes and enhances your ability to decide and solve situations.
– Eurogame: Such a genre is considered in the middle of simulation and Abstract games. It is derived from the German board game. Its theme mainly has to do with chances, economics, and survival.
– Wargame: They are simulations that are based on war games between nations. They help you make tactics at the national level and cope with war-like situations and conflicts calmly.
All of these categories can enhance your strategic abilities. In other words, they better your cognitive processes, improve your mind-body coordination as well as increasing reaction speeds. Not all, they teach you to make decisions with the consequences kept in mind. Enjoy them!